The FDA advises that spray tan users should avoid inhaling or ingesting DHA or letting the spray get into your eyes. When using DHA-containing products as an all-over spray or mist, it may be difficult to avoid exposure in a manner for which DHA is not approved, including the area of the eyes, lips, or mucous membrane, or internally. Therefore, it is recommended that you take protective measures to eliminate eye contact, inhalation or ingestion during your spray tan session such as:
a. Using protective eyewear
b. Wearing nose filters
c. Sealing lips with lip balm
d. Wearing undergarments
These items will available to you At your appointment, free of charge, and It is your decision to wear or not to wear these items.
• We do not spray tan pregnant women because there is not enough research/information. Pregnant or nursing women should consult their physician, and obtain a written release before using Any spray tan service.
• Be advised there may be a small percentage of individuals whose skin does not react favorably to spray tanning. Some medications such as birth control pills, hormone replacement medications, or antibiotics may alter your tan. Please consult with your doctor if you are using any medications.
• All ingredients in the product used in this procedure are intended for cosmetic use and generally regarded as safe. There are, however, occasions where individuals may be allergic to one or more ingredients in the spray tan solution. If this occurs, shower immediately and discontinue use. If severe reaction, contact a physician. If you have any known allergies, You should ask to see the ingredients list prior to application.
• We do not advise being sprayed for photographic sessions, modeling assignments, weddings, etc. unless you have had a trial spray tan with us.
WARNING – This product does not contain a sunscreen and does not protect against sunburn. Repeated exposure of unprotected skin may increase the risk of skin aging, skin cancer and other harmful effects to the skin even if you do not burn.
• Some of the ingredients in our solution contain a sugar-base and application can cause a rise in blood sugar levels. If you are diabetic or have medical conditions that can be affected or aggravated by a rise in blood sugar, please consult your physician before use.
• Some fabrics may be stained by the spray tanning solution, please use caution and care.
• It is also possible that the solutions may transfer to other clothing, furniture or car seats after your session. We suggest bringing a towel to cover your car seat. We are not responsible for potential stains to clothing or upholstery. Please be conscientious and careful.
I have read the contents of this page carefully and state that I am not aware of any medical condition, allergies, or other reason that would prohibit me from sunless tanning. I have been given adequate instructions (see care page) for the proper use of the sunless application, understand the risks involved, and use it at my own risk.
I hereby agree to release and hold harmless Shirley Pear Tans, LLC, the owners, operators, venues, and manufacturers from any damages, allergies, conditions that I might incur due to the use of the service. I have been advised to discontinue use if any reaction occurs.